Wandelgids: vele dagtochten worden degelijk beschreven met openbaar vervoer informatie, goede routebeschrijvingen en kaartmateriaal. Tevens enkele autotochten. Deze gids staat goed bekend! Engelstalig, want Nederlandstalige is uitverkocht en niet meer leverbaar.
The go-to Picos de Europa travel guide for discovering the best walks and car tours. Strap on your boots and discover Picos de Europa on foot with the Sunflower Picos de Europa travel guide. And on the days when your feet may have had enough, enjoy some spectacular scenery on our recommended car tour.
The Sunflower Picos de Europa guide is indispensable for hiking in Picos de Europa or seeing Picos de Europa by car. The Picos de Europa, one of Europe's last mountain wilderness areas, are the high point of a long ridge of mountains which runs along the north coast of Spain, the Cordillera Cantabrica. Rising to 2648m, about 8700ft, the Picos are divided into three spectacular limestone massifs separated from one another, and from the surrounding ranges, by precipitous gorges - a truly spectacular area in which to walk or tour.
Whatever your age or ability we've got some glorious walks and a fascinating car tour to ensure you have a memorable holiday in Picos de Europa. Inside the Sunflower Picos de Europa guide book you'll find:
* 25 long and short walks for all ages and abilities - each walk is graded so you can easily match your ability to the level of walk
* Topographical walking maps - give you a clear sense of the surrounding terrain with a scale of 1:50 000
* Free downloadable gps tracks - for the techies* Satnav guidance to walk starts for motorists
* a car tours and fold-out touring map - for easy reference on your tour
* Strolls to idyllic picnic spots - enjoy our recommendations for where to picnic along the way
* Timetables for public transport - ideal if you want to link two walks or avoid hiring a car on your holiday
* Online update service for the latest information
* Covers the entire range (all three massifs): Urrieles (central Picos), Cornion (western Picos), and Andara (eastern Picos)It contains a wealth of information about the dazzling array of plant and animal life you can expect to see when exploring the range. The author, an all-round naturalist, has been living and guiding walking tours in the Picos de Europa for almost 30 years.