Zeer goede reisgids voor zowel de georganiseerde maar vooral voor de zelfstandige reiziger. Boordevol informatie over reizen, slapen, eten, maar ook musea en cultuur.
Discover the Southwest USA with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to take a retro road-trip down the iconic Route 66, explore the snow-white sand dunes of New Mexico, or immerse yourself in the camp and colourful world of Las Vegas, The Rough Guide to the Southwest USA will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to the Southwest USA:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to the Rockies
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Santa Fe, Phoenix and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including sunset over the Grand Canyon and a bird's-eye view of Zion National Park
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in the Southwest USA, from Wild West Towns to rural New Mexico
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Scotland with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: The Four Corners, Santa Fe and northern New Mexico, Albuquerque and southern New Mexico, Phoenix and southern Arizona, Flagstaff and central Arizona, The Grand Canyon, Southern Utah and Las Vegas