Zeer goede reisgids voor zowel de georganiseerde maar vooral voor de zelfstandige reiziger. Boordevol informatie over reizen, slapen, eten, maar ook musea en cultuur. Uitputtende bron van informatie, veelal nog completer dan de Lonely Planet. Inleidende informatie over land en cultuur is zeer goed.
Discover Canada with this comprehensive, entertaining, ‘tell it like it is’ Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts’ honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to do snowboarding in Whistler, go whale-watching off the spectacular coasts, hike through the Canadian Rockies, or marvel at the Niagara Falls, The Rough Guide to Canada will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Canada:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Toronto, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, the Prairie Provinces, the Maritime Provinces, the Canadian Rockies, the BC interior, Vancouver and the North.
– Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Canada.
– Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Quebec, Newfoundland and many more locations without needing to get online.
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the atmospheric Helmcken Falls in British Columbia and dramatic Hopewell Rocks coastline in Nova Scotia.
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the Canadian Rockies, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal’s best sights and top experiences.
– Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
– Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
– Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Canada, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary