Zeer goede reisgids voor Jordanië gericht op zowel de georganiseerde maar vooral voor de zelfstandige reiziger. Boordevol informatie over reizen, slapen, eten, maar ook musea en cultuur. Uitputtende bron van informatie, veelal nog completer dan de Lonely Planet. Inleidende informatie over land en cultuur is zeer goed.
Discover Jordan with this comprehensive, entertaining, ‘tell it like it is’ Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts’ honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to go Red Sea diving, go hiking, discover the Wadi Rum desert or explore ancient cities, The Rough Guide to Jordan will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Jordan:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Amman, the Dead Sea and Baptism Site, Jerash and the north, the eastern desert, the King’s Highway, Petra, Aqaba and the southern desert.
– Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Jordan.
– Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Petra, Amman and many more locations without needing to get online.
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the stunning sweeping open desert in Wadi Rum and the never-ending highland cliffs in Dana.
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Petra, Amman, the Baptism Site and the Dead Sea’s best sights and top experiences.
– Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
– Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
– Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Jordan, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Covers: Amman, the Dead Sea and Baptism Site, Jerash and the north, the eastern desert, the King’s Highway, Petra and Aqaba and the southern desert.