This mini pocket Athens travel guidebook is perfect for travellers seeking basic information about Athens. It covers key places, main attractions and a short hotel and restaurant recommendations list. This book is printed on paper from responsible sources, verified to meet FSC's strict environmental and social standards.
This Athens travel book covers: The Acropolis, Around the Acropolis, Monastiráki and Psyrrí, Omónia and environs, From Omónia to Sýndagma, Sýndagma Square and around.
In this Athens guidebook, you will find:
- Curated recommendations of places - main attractions, child-friendly family activities, chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Things not to miss in Athens - Acropolis Museum, Benaki Museum Pireos Annexe, The Goulandris Museum of Contemporary Art, The National Archaeological Museum, The Acropolis, Plaka, The Athens Epidaurus Festival, Delphi, Nafplio, The Byzantine and Christian Museum
- Perfect Day - itinerary suggestions for those on a short break
- Short Athens introduction - geographical location, cultural legacy, history with interesting key dates
- What to do in Athens - recommendations for entertainment, shopping, sports, children's activities, events and nightlife
- Food and drink - recommendations for local products and places to eat
- Overview maps - handy maps on the inside cover flaps showing Athens and around
- Practical information - how to get there and around, opening times, health and medical care, and tourist information
- Greek section - basic vocabulary and phrases from the local language
- Striking pictures - inspirational colour photography throughout
- Free download of the eBook - available after purchase of the printed guidebook Athens
- Fully updated post-COVID-19
This guide is easy to use and quick to scan through when you need help on the go. It's the perfect companion both ahead of your trip and on the ground. It gives you the flavour of Athens without overwhelming you with too much information.