Prachtige geplastificeerde kaart van het bekende nationaal park. Met alle recreatieve voorzieningen als campsites, maar ook met topografische details en wandelroutes ed. Door uitgekiend kleurgebruik zeer prettig in gebruik. Scheur en watervast!
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Mount Rogers High Country and Grayson Highlands State Park, Southwest Virginia, is a two-sided, waterproof, topographic trail map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in cooperation with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information for exploring the area's large rock formations, spruce-fir forests, and the highest peak in Virginia. Trails and major roads, including the Appalachian Trail, the Virginia Creeper Trail, and the Virginia Highland Horse Trail, are clearly distinguished. Places of interest include areas for camping, picnicking, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, and cross-country skiing. Boundaries for park lands, wilderness, and protected areas are color coded and easy to discern. The area's unique terrain is the map's core feature, with detailed elevation contours, shaded relief, vegetation, and water features.
Side one features the west side of Mount Rogers, including the Cherokee National Forest and the Beartree Recreation Area. Insets chart the Appalachian Trail profile and list trail ratings, locations, and uses. On the reverse, you'll find the east side of Mount Rogers, including Lewis Fork Wilderness, Little Wilson Creek Wilderness, and the Raccoon Branch Wilderness. Insets list activities available at each of the camps, as well as wilderness area information.
The Mount Rogers High Country map is designed and printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough -- capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and is folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Updated regularly
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed road network, including designations for off-highway roads
• Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
• Detailed topography with shaded relief and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries for parks, recreation areas, and wilderness areas.
• Hundreds of places-of-interest, including campgrounds, information centers, trailheads, viewpoints, boat launches, fishing access points, waterfalls, and specialty content unique to each area
• UTM and Latitude/Longitude coordinate grid, as well as selected waypoints, and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.