Zeer goede reisgids voor zowel de georganiseerde maar vooral voor de zelfstandige reiziger. Boordevol informatie over reizen, slapen, eten, maar ook musea en cultuur. Voor Europese landen meestal completer en beter dan de Lonely Planet !
Discover the Lake District with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to take a cruise on Lake Windermere, hike the Cumbria Way or sample the region's renowned restaurants and pubs, The Rough Guide to the Lake District will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide the Lake District:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to the Lake District
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Keswick, Ullswater and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the Langdale Valley and Coniston Water
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Grasmere, Borrowdale, Cartmel and Honister's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into the Lake District, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Windermere, Grasmere and the central fells, Coniston Water, Hawkshead and the south, Keswick, Derwent Water and the north, the western fells and valleys, Ullswater and Out of the National Park